4006981610 WX:sisiabc111

广州越秀英语培训学校—韦博国际英语

越秀韦博英语:必学的地道英式俚语

来源:广州越秀英语培训学校—韦博国际英语 发布时间:2016/11/12 10:43:45

这么地道的英式俚语怎么能不记?!

1. Au fait– this is an example of a French expression that has become part of the English Language. It means to have good detailed knowledge of something. (This is not slang but a very British English expression.)

Au fait –这本来是法语短语,现在成了英语中的一部分。它的意思是对某事物有非常细致的了解。(它不是俚语却是非常地道的英式表达)

“She is au fait with the company’s rules and regulations.”

她对公司的规章制度熟悉,了然于心。

2. Blinding– if something is blinding, it means that it’s excellent.

Blingding—如果某事物是亮瞎眼的,它的意思就是非常棒、非常出色。

“She makes a blinding roast dinner”

“她做了一顿很棒的美味无比的烧烤晚餐。”

3. Bugger all– if you’ve got bugger all for dinner, it means you have nothing. (This is an impolite expression so use it with caution)

Bugger all –如果你说晚餐吃个屁,那就是说你什么也没有。(这种表达十分不礼貌需慎用)

“I worked 7 hours on that job and I got bugger all thanks for my efforts”.

“我花了七个小时处理那项工作,但我的努力却连个谢谢都没捞到。”

4. Cock Up – This can be used as a verb or a noun and it means to make a serious mistake or a mistake. (It has nothing to do with male parts!)

Cock Up –这个俚语既可用作动词也可用作名词,它的意思是犯了很严重的错误或犯错误。(这个表达跟男性器官毫无关系。)

“You really cocked up this time. What are you going to do?”

“这次真是搞得一团糟,你想干什么?”

5. Donkeys’ years – a long time or ages

Donkeys’ years –很久很久,好多年。

“It was so great to see Sally again. I hadn’t seen her in donkey’s years.”

“非常高兴再次见到萨利,我好多年没有见到她了。”

6. Gobsmacked - “Gob” is mouth is British English and if you smack it, you probably would do it because you are amazed or shocked.

Gobsmacked –“Gob”是嘴巴的意思,是英式英语,如果你用这个表达“smack it”因为你被震惊到了,所以你可能会张大嘴巴。

“I was gobsmacked by how much weight Pete had lost”.

“皮特瘦了这么多,真让我太吃惊了!”

7. Gormless – another way to say vacant or clueless.

Gormless –另一种表示茫然或无头绪的方式。

Mr Bean’s gormless look.

憨豆先生看起来很憨很萌。

“She always has a gormless look in meetings.”

“开会她总是一副一脸茫然的表情。”

8. Gutted – really upset.

Gutted –非常不安

“I was gutted when I didn’t get the job”.

“没得到这份工作,我心烦意乱。”

9. Hunky-dory – fine, going well,

Hunky-dory –很好,进展顺利。

“How are things with you?”

“较近怎么样?”

“Everything is hunky-dory, thanks.”

“一切都挺好的,谢谢.”

10. Knackered– very tired, exhausted

Knackered –非常累,精疲力竭

“I’ve been working for hours on this report. I’m knackered”

“我花了几个小时做这个报告,已经累趴下了.”

11. Lurgy– if you’ve got the lurgy, it means you are ill with the flu or a virus. It means that people will stay away from you.

Lurgy –如果你得了传染病,也就是感冒了或者带了其他病毒。这就意味着人们会和你隔离远离你。

“Where’s Sarah today?”

“萨拉今天去哪里了?”

“She’s off sick. She’s got the lurgy“.

“她生病了,被隔离了。”

12. Nice one! – If someone is impressed by what you’ve done, they could use this expression. It’s similar to “good job” in American English. It can also be used sarcastically.

Nice one! –如果一个人对你所做的事情印象深刻,他们就能用这个表达方式。它同美式英语里的“干得好”同义,也可以用于带有讽刺意味的夸奖。

“I managed to get two tickets for the One Direction concert at the O2 arena”. “Nice one, mate!“

“我设法弄到了两张One Direction音乐会的票,在O2舞台。”“伙计,这真棒。”

更多课程详情关注广州韦博英语培训中心http://gzweibi.soxsok.com/

广州越秀韦博英语培训http://yuexiuwebi.soxsok.com/

领取试听课
每天限量名额,先到先得
温馨提示:为不影响您的学业,来校区前请先电话或QQ咨询,方便我校安排相关的专业老师为您解答
  • 详情请进入 广州越秀英语培训学校...

关于我们 | 招生信息 | 新闻中心 | 学校动态

版权所有:搜学搜课(www.soxsok.com)